Websites - Why Your Company Needs One and How to Get Started
Article source: http://www.selfseo.com/. Used with author's permission.
"Why do I need a website? My company does just fine without one."
That statement is similar to saying your business doesn't need or want any more customers. There are many ways your company can benefit from a professionally designed website....even if you don't want any new customers. Here are just a few:
- A website can act as a sales force for your company working 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- A website can save you money on updating your printed marketing materials.
- A website can be a cost-effective reference and support tool for your existing customers.
- Its likely that your competitors are either already enjoying the benefits of a web presence or are in the process of developing a site.
- More people are researching products and services on the web prior to making a purchase. Can those people find your company online?
If any of those benefits interest you, you are probably wondering how to get started building your online presence. A qualified web design company can walk you through what you need to know. For example:
- Choosing a domain name: There are many things you can consider prior to choosing a domain name. In general, the shorter the domain name the better - its easier to remember and people are less likely to spell or type the name incorrectly. Consider your products - sites with their product keywords in the name tend to rank higher in the search engines. Finally, (but definitely not last) a .com is almost always better than an alternative extension. If the .com you are looking for is already taken, you should consider a different domain name rather than a .net or .biz.
- Hosting costs and setup: There are many hosting companies and plans to chose from on the internet. Costs range anywhere from free to thousands of dollars per month. The fees will be based on several variables such as how much space your site needs, how much bandwidth is included, how many email accounts are provided and the availability of live support.
Ultimately, the web design company you choose should be able to work with you to create a professional, custom-designed website at a reasonable price. Subscribe to the free Ask Angela Newsletter offering home computer support, tips and tricks. Topics include email, internet, spyware, website design, Microsoft Office, new technologies, Windows help, software, general PC support, and more!
For more information visit http://www.adaleydesign.com or email email@example.com
A Daley Design, LLC - Southern New Jersey based firm providing web design, site maintenance and updates, domain name registration and hosting assistance, email and newsletter design, search engine submission and other marketing services.