Using Mini Websites - Powerful Way to Direct Marketing
Article source: http://www.arun.info/. Used with author's permission.
Mini Websites are the most powerful and cost effective solution to promote and market your brand. Normally people go for a large site which have 100's of pages of selling nos. products, which confuse visitor and most of the pages remains unviewed by the visitor. Generally people do the search in search engines on specific topic and like to get the specific results only. The normal web surfer spends very little time on sites and does not go beyond 3 to 5 clicks on a site. If the visitor landed at your site and does not found what he was looking for in first two clicks he will automatically switch to another site which he found more relevant. I always advocate the concept of direct marketing as it provide user more time to do research on specific product.
Even if you are a small business owner or an enterprise, offering your products in internet, mini sites will give you advantage over your competitors. Say for example if a surfer searches for Donuts and found 100,s of sites selling donuts, he has the minimum time to brows all the pages of the site. He will give more value to the sites which offers directly donuts to the sites which first explain about the company and so on. Direct marketing is very much effective and people give value to straight forward honest offers. Now a days people fill there sites with most irrelevant contents as per instructions of any search engine optimizer, which drives visitor away from site as he has so many options to choose.
Capitalization of visitor psychology is an important aspect of direct marketing. Say for example a visitor landed at your site and at home page you display your offers will force him to brows your site to find more information's, after all he needs donuts and searched for that. Take a look at the examples contents of a donut selling site below and decide yourself which one you prefer.
Site one: Welcome to our site, we produce best of products in world. We have pizzas, donuts, burgers and blab blab blab. We are established on kwak kwak kwak with the vision of our founder Mr. XYZ and also greet your visitor with an eye catching animation.
Site two: Looking for donuts? You have come to the right place for donuts. Below are our regular offerings along with the price, Check out todays special what we have only for you. Like a custom donut of your choice click here and like to know more about us click here.
My opinion as well as experience says, visitor will give more weight to site two. Analyze the following reasons and know why:
1. Visitor was searching for "donuts" and likes to know what donut is, and then only he likes to know who are the person and procedures behind manufacturing donuts.
2. The site is offering straight to the visitor along with the prices, enough for him to decide quickly whether this is the thing he is looking for.
3. He is getting all navigations links on first page itself about the products and there varieties, this will induce him to know more. With minimum clicks he is getting more information's.
4. The site is loading fast which is a very pleasant thing for any visitor where as the animations on site 1 take time to download and he don't want to spend much time on that.
5. Site one is offering lot more products which might not be the interest of the visitor. He will simply ignore that.
6. Site 2 is displaying its product prices and discounts immediately and visitor will go immediately if that suites his pocket, if not he can book mark and ask for the price negotiations later. Where as in site he found all good in site one and found the prices after so many clicks, and if it does not suites his pocket he will be staying permanently away from the site.
7. Even search engine will give more preference to site 2 as they have specific information's on Donuts comparing to site which have other products to sell.
In nut shell grabbing attention of a visitor towards your offering is more important than explaining who you are, as its products which build a brand. People like to know first what all your offerings rather than who you are. Any buyer, even if he spends a little always likes to compare product, quality and pricings with other. Using a mini site you allow him to compare fast and he can take his decisions without wasting his time. Remember killer marketing principle says "never allow a buyer to think twice as there may be chance when other competitors grab the deal" Arun Tibrewal is an online marketing promotions specialist since 1998 and owner of I-wayhost - Web Hosting and its network sites. I-wayhost is dedicated to provide top class hosting services with there straight forward plans. Permission is granted to reprint this article as long as the resource box should keep intact with the following links.
(Customized billing solutions)
(Online Marketing Blog)