How To Keep Your Website Sticky
Article source: http://www.goarticles.com/. Used with author's permission.
Developing a website with content that entices visitors to return over and over again is something that takes time and effort to put together. This checklist can give you a great start on creating a popular website that entices readers to hang around on your site.
Readers love fresh, relevant, useful content. People surf the net to find solutions to everyday problems. If you can provide this kind of information, your readers will love your site and will tell their friends.
We recommend you consider each point in the checklist and how it related specifically to your website. Most small, home businesses are owned by busy people with other responsibilities. Few people will have the time and resources to research and develop all these points at the same time. We recommend you work on one or two at a time, and develop fantastic content, rather attempting to tackle all these aspects at once.
Remember, it takes time to put together a fantastic site with incredible content.
1. How To Articles: they include detailed step by step instructions. Examples: how to publish your e-zine, how to promote your business, how to attract visitors to your web site.
2. Tips: they are usually small pieces of information about the size of a paragraph. Examples: tips on using a product, tips on doing your taxes.
3. Top Lists: they are a group of tips listed in order, usually numbered from first to last. Examples: top 7 ways to get to the top of search engines, top 10 ways to market your product.
4. News Articles: they can include news about your industry or company information. Examples: joint ventures, new product releases, special events, overseas activity
5. Interview Articles: they could include interviews from customers, employees and experts. Examples: interview an employee that won an award, an expert related to your industry, a satisfied customer, people profiles.
6. Publications: they include information that's bundled together to take with the person. Examples: ebooks, reports, software, auto responder information.
7. Business History Articles: they include information about your business. Examples: years in business, goals your business has accomplished, community affairs, financial information.
8. Product Articles: they include information about your product or services. Examples: new products, improvements to existing products, new accessories.
9. Visual Content: they include visual helpers that help explains, shows or supports an example. Examples: charts, photos, graphics, graphs.
10. Entertaining Content: they include humorous and off beat information. Examples: contests; quizzes, trivia, puzzles, games, cartoons.
11. Excerpts: they include information used from other resources for different purposes, but can also support your business. Examples: journal articles, transcripts of seminars, reprints, speeches, press releases.
12. Technology Content: they are new technologies you can use to present your content. Examples: audio clips, streaming video, MP3 files. Kim is part of an international network of home business owners operating across 60 countries. We urgently require people to join our expanding team. If you are interested in earning extra income around your current schedule, we would like to hear from you. We provide full training and ongoing support to ensure your success. http://free2liv.com/?refid=stcky-567887478