10 Tips For A Successful Website
Article source: http://www.sitepromotionresources.com/. Used with author's permission.
Have you ever thought the secret behind the success of most of the famous sites. Do you ask yourself these questions. Why do they get so many clicks?Why they are making so much money and i am not?Why only few web sites succeed and most of others fail?Just stop questioning and start reading.
Here i am gonna give you some of the top tip that most of the successful web sites use.
1. Do your web site attract the customers attention immediately. If not,it should. Listen this is the truth,nobody's gonna find information on your web site,nobody has that much time. You got to give the information to them,i mean fast. Don't expect that your customer will fool around in your web site for hours,looking every nook and corner of your website. They will leave your site in no time. Remember there are millions of service providers like you. Give them clean links. Just one click and straight to business.
Also minimize the loading time of your website. Try to avoid graphics,flash animation,pictures etc. Believe me people hate that.
2. Ok,now think about the kind of customers you are targeting. Build your web site according to type of customers you will receive. If your website is for professionals,make the site more proffessional. If your website is targeting young teenagers,make the site more informal and relaxed. Try to reflect the customers choices.
3. Focus your website. Make sure you are not offering different products or services on the same page. That will confuse your customer. Dedicate seperate page for each of your product. If you want advertise your other products also,do it subtly.
4. Your credibility is very important. Having a great looking website will not help you,if you are unable to build trust in your customers. The anonymity of the internet certainly creates a little mistrust. In order to make your product sell first try to build trust in your customers.
Give them correct information,your address,e-mail and phone number atleast. A clear privacy statement is a good tool for establishing credibility. Give a link to your privacy statement in every page of your website.
5. Offer a money back guarantee on your website. Give them the control of whether they want to keep the product or not. This will build trust in your customers.
6. Make money transactions on your site easier. Make the proccess as short as possible. Donot ask for information that is not very important. At any time donot let them feel that you are invading their privacy. Give many type of payment modes. Accept credit cards and electronic checks. Also provide mailing address for customers who would like to pay via mail.
7. Make the navigation of your website as simple as possible. Every page of your website should be reachable from every other page.
8. The website should look consistent in look and feel. Do not alter the design of the site from page to page.
9. Keep in mind that most of the customers will find your website from the search engines. So design pages that will give you a high rank. Include important keywords as many as possible without sacrificing your sales message. Use meta tags and decription tags to the full. Give keywords as names to different webpages of your website while linking.
10. Last but the most important one,give quality content. Provide good content so that people visit your site again and again. About The Author
Vinay Kumar is a graduated student from MIT. He is also the founder of www.sourcecode.co.nr. His educational background and work experience is basicly in the field of computer science and programming